Banco de la Nación Argentina was founded in 1891 on the initiative of President Carlos Pellegrini, as a means to overcome a devastating economic crisis which especially affected the banking system of the time.
As a wholly-owned state bank, in a few years it extended through the whole territory of the country and became the largest commercial bank in Argentina.
Since then, it has participated actively in the main events of the economic life of the country. It has played a relevant role in assisting the rural sector decisively contributing to the transformation of Argentina into a world power of the agribusiness segment.
Giving support to small and medium companies, as well as assisting the less-favored sectors of the population -even in locations far away from the large centers and of less economic relevance- it’s the priority of Banco de la Nación Argentina.
In commemoration of our 130th anniversary, we have developed a digitization, access and dissemination work of our documentary heritage. We invite you to learn more about our historical books by clicking here.